Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Week 7: Free Choice The Accidential Billionaires



I happened to catch an interview NPR last month with the author of The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal. I was immediately interested in learning more about this story after hearing the title, but even more so after listening to the seven minute interview by Guy Raz. As you can gather from the book's title and the interview, the development of the social networking site Facebook into and the internet phenomenon that is today is surrounded in controversy. The following weekend I happened upon a Borders and had to pick myself up a copy of the book. As you can see from the book's reviews on Amazon and the comments on NPR's site, the book itself is causing quite a stir, never mind the story.

I'll summarize my opinion with a mock Facebook status update:
Mark Parsons just finished The Accidental Billionaires, an interesting, fun, and quick summer read. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment