Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 7: PBL

In order to help me try and wrap my head around project based learning (PBL) , I researched a few sources on the web. I knew that many teachers "do projects", but I needed to clarify specifically what PBL is and is not. I visited pbl-online.org, who defines PBL as:

a systematic teaching method that engages students in learning essential knowledge and life-enhancing skills through an extended, student-influenced inquiry process structured around complex, authentic questions and carefully designed products and tasks.

If you have not visited this site in your research, I recommend to take a few moments to check it out. I helped me clear up what exactly is PBL, now I just need to take the proper steps to ensure that my assessments "authentic."

As a way to help you in the creation of your assessment, you may desire to create a checklist for your students to follow. To help you, visit pblchecklist.4teachers.org. 4Teachers.org is also responsible for the very helpful rubric generator site called Rubistar. It is quite easy to use and give a great starting point for the creation of your assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment